PETIT-Parental Education together with IT – Support for the New Generation
Becoming a parent is a process with endless possibilities and aspects, nuances and combinations, duration and rhythm, personal effort and schemes imposed by others.
The project aims consist of elaborating alternative models for adults with an educational disadvantage (parents), able to respond to their training needs for becoming more responsible parents and also to provide an alternative perspective upon lifelong learning.
The overall objective of the project is: to offer the educationally disadvantaged parents the opportunity to become responsible parents with regard to the psychological, relational and behavioural development of their own children, by improving their abilities, knowledge and skills needed in the family environment.
– improving the family climate through better communication between parents and children
– creating, developing and implementing a series of innovative and strategic methods that should act upon the educationally disadvantaged parents as it follows:
-[induce a positive attitude towards lifelong learning]
– make them acquire information and knowledge necessary for understanding child behaviour, communication and discipline techniques, so that they can educate their child in a fully informed way, by providing him/her the support needed for becoming a responsible adult
– fostering access for acquiring basic skills in using the information technologies (the Internet) in view of supporting and protecting the children in their relation with the network;
– Acquiring, structuring and promoting educational good practices at European level.
The project target group is made up of adult people (parents) aged between 20 and 55, with educational disadvantage, who have completed first level of education, and who have children aged between 6 and 14 years old.
Outputs: analyses and studies, workshops, educational models, communication platforms, site web, discussion forums, monitoring, internal and external evaluation, good practices guide
SREP Societatea Romana pentru Educatie Permanenta (Romania)- coordinator
AKLUB Centrum vzdělávání a poradenství (Czech Republic)
BFW Berufsfortbildungswerk Gemeinnützige Bildungseinrichtung des DGB GmbH (Germany)
IFES Instituto de Formación y Estudios Sociales (Spain)
LPKA Länsi-Pirkanmaan koulutuskuntayhtymä, Aikuiskoulutusyksikkö (Finland)